All Ontario Test Facilities are doing their part to FIGHT this COVID-19, Lets all JOIN IN and STOP THE SPREAD!
It’s Wednesday April 8, Social Distancing is REAL! Let’s keep our distance and get those numbers DOWN!
DRIVE CLEAN HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED OVER COVID-19
In Short, here is what I know,
Products and services that are extended
We are extending the validity of government driver, vehicle and carrier products and services that expired on or after March 1, 2020. These will continue to remain valid and legal past the expiry until further notice. This is in an effort to help keep people safe, reduce the need for in-person visits to ServiceOntario and try to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- extending drivers’ licences expiration dates, temporary drivers’ licences (TDL), driving instructor (DI) licence and driving schools, Ontario Photo Card (OPC)
- extending the Enhanced Driver’s Licence (EDL) expiration date for driving purposes only. The expired EDL will not be valid as a travel document
- extending rules governing Conduct Review Program timelines
- extending driver training programs time limitations
- extending over 1-year and under 3-year provisions for driver’s licences
- extending Valtags validation including International Registration Plan (IRP) Valtags
- extending 10-day special permits and temporary validation
- extending the requirement to register a vehicle (including snow vehicles) within six days.
- extending the requirement to change address or vehicle modification within six days
- extending the Safety Standards Certificate and Structural Inspection Certificate
- extending International Registration Plan (IRP) Cab Cards
- extending the Commercial Vehicle Operator’s Registration (CVOR), annual oversize/overweight permits and semi-annual and annual vehicle inspections
- amending effective date for mandatory electronic emission test for heavy diesel commercial vehicles from July 1, 2020 to Oct 1, 2020
- extending expiration dates for Receipts from online renewals beyond 14 days
- If you are required to submit a medical or vision report to the Ministry of Transportation, we are extending your due date by 60 days or more.
Where possible, we encourage you to use the ministry’s online services. Find out what services are available online at ontario.ca/page/serviceontario.